Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Token of my affection

I have a necklace that I wear, not every single day, but more often than not. It's a NYC subway token, not an actual subway token, but a gold copy of a token, made when they decided to stop using tokens in the subway. I never wear gold anything, I'm a silver girl, through and through, yet I bought this necklace anyway, because it's like a romanticized piece of NYC. And I love this necklace, more than any other piece of jewelry I own. When I put it on in the morning, I somehow feel like me. The necklace feels like me. I love that's is so simple and classic but it's also, I think, really unique, distinctive, I hope that it says something about me. I feel more like myself when I have it on.

And this feels, strangely, like one of the more personal things I've said here.

No comments: