Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mad World

I don't know if you know the song Mad World (I think it's my Tears for Fears, but that might not be right) but there is a line in it about how "the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had". And that was certainly not true of me last night. Because last night (this morning actually, techinically, I guess) I had the scariest nightmare I can remember having. I don't have a lot of scary dreams, I tend to more often have nightmares that are just sad. But this one...it was fall, there was a river and I was swimming. And then I was struggling to keep my head above water, and it felt like it went on forever, just fighting and fighting and I finally I was starting to really drown and I woke up. And it was one of those dreams where you wake up sitting bolt upright, I was almost having a panic attack, my heart was racing and I couldn't catch my breath. Scary stuff. I hope it's not a sign of how the day's going to be.

No comments: