Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The little things

I've always heard, that it's the little things that matter, that the little things are really the big things, etc. And it's not so much that I didn't believe it until a couple of years ago, I just don't think I understood it. I think for me, in a sense, it's easy to get the big things right, the things you're supposed to do, but those little moments, those little things, to me, that really show me that people care. Take today. I had to do a big presentation today and I was really nervous about it, so before my class E came out and hung out with me, to keep from being as nervous. And when she had to go, she turned back when she was leaving and wished me good luck. And it's such a little thing, but I really, really knew in that moment that I mean something to her. The little things make all the difference.

No comments: