Saturday, November 12, 2005

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss

I was reading on another blog (http://www.jessicafulkerson.blogspot.com/) about out regret and it got me thinking about my regrets.

There are certainly things I wish I'd done differently in my life, things I regret. I wish I'd been nicer to my mom when I was growing up. I wish I hadn't trusted the wrong people and gotten my heart broken. I wish I didn't feel like I'd wasted years of my life. But I don't know if I'd be better off, if I was able to go back and change them all. I mean, as much as these things make me sad, and they do make me sad, in a really big, aching way, my life doesn't suck now. I'm pretty wabi sabi, all happy and sad mixed together, and if I did things differently, I wouldn't have ended up here. I wouldn't have the same friends. I wouldn't have the same relationships. I don't know that my life would be worse, it could be better, even, but it would undoubtedly be different. I wouldn't trade what I have for the chance at better. I'm not even sure I'd trade what I have for the guarantee of better.

No comments: